The present firm of LDJ Solicitors LLP traces its origins to 1905 when Walter Lester commenced practice as a solicitor from small offices in Bridge Street, Nuneaton.
Mr Percy Dixon and Mr Frank Jeffcoate joined Mr Lester in 1925 and the firm adopted the name of its three partners, Lester Dixon & Jeffcoate. Expansion of the firm saw it moving first to offices in Newdegate Street and then to the present purpose built offices in Dugdale Street in 1970.
In the mid 1950s, the emerging industrial estate of Exhall led to the opening of the Bedworth office to cater for the increasing need for legal services to the business sector, as well as the residential private client needs of Bedworth and Coventry.
The firm's family roots continued with Mr Lester's son Michael and Mr Jeffcoate's son Tony becoming partners.
The firm has continued to expand and the nucleus of the practice now comprises 6 partners and over 42 staff covering a broad spectrum of legal work, ranging from multi million pound takeovers and property deals to simple Wills.
The firm was the first in North Warwickshire to obtain a Public Funding Franchise and is proud to hold franchises from the Legal Aid Agency in Family, Crime, Employment and Housing Law. Another sign of commitment to providing a quality legal service to our clients.
The firm acquired the old-established practice of Hale Randle & Stevenson in April 2000, increasing its geographical coverage by the addition of the firm's offices in Hinckley in order to compliment Nuneaton and Bedworth offices.
The opportunity to further expand the Hinckley office occurred with the acquisition of local practice T P Keith Oakey & Co in March 2001, providing a better location and a number of key personnel to broaden the services offered in Hinckley.
On the 4th September 2006, the firm changed its name to LDJ Solicitors. The ethos behind the rebrand was to modernise the image of the practice. The name and logo were streamlined so as to provide a new identity. It formed part of the firm's continuing programme of development in meeting the expectations of clients and other users in supplying them with legal advice on a variety of situations, for a variety of reasons.
In August 2011, the Partner took the decision to permanently close the Bedworth office. With all the advances in technology and communications it was felt no longer necessary to retain an office in Bedworth.
On the 1st April 2016, the firm converted from a traditional Partnership to an Limited Liability Partnership. The business name is now LDJ Solicitors LLP, however the firms trading name is still LDJ Solicitors. The firm is owned by six equity members or partners as we still like to call them, all of whom are practicing lawyers.