Gemma is a Partner and the Head of Children and Domestic Abuse department, specialising in international children law, private children matters and domestic violence.
With more than 15 years’ experience in her field, Gemma regularly represents parents and children within International Child Abduction proceedings (1980 Hague Convention), Wardship proceedings and International Relocation cases as well as international access cases.
Gemma is a member of Resolution and holds resolution specialist accreditations in Child Abduction Law and Children Law and Domestic Abuse. She is also a member of the Child Abduction Lawyers Association and named on Reunites’ international lawyer listing.
Gemma has been ranked and recognised in Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners since 2017 in respect of her work in private children law and international children law.
In addition to International Family Law, Gemma regularly advises and represents parents in respect of private children law issues (Child Arrangement Orders, Specific Issues Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders and applications for Parental Responsibility). She is also regularly instructed in complex children cases, often those involving significant domestic violence. Gemma is also a trained domestic abuse champion.
- Head of Children & Domestic Abuse
Areas of Expertise
Children & Domestic Abuse
- International child abduction
- Wardship/Inherent jurisdiction proceedings
- International relocation (when one parent wishes to move a child abroad/when one parent wishes to prevent the move of a child abroad)
- Enforcement of international contact orders
- International contact orders
- Children matters (residence and contact)
- Children matters (specific issues and prohibited steps orders)
- Domestic violence
- Issues of parental responsibility